Thursday, May 22, 2014

Week Four Journal


Week Five -Journal
1.  Most of the assignments that have been assigned throughout this class have been interesting and creative.  However the most challenging assignment thus far, was creating a lesson plan for online instruction to coordinate with a hypothetical needs assessment.  Creating a lesson that was cohesive, meaningful and collaborative was not only challenging, but it provided a great learning platform for future experiences in online learning technology.
2. As I am towards completion of my degree, I understand that there will be a need to continue learning about new technologies and the issues that arise with them.  Upon completion of this class, subscriptions to blogs such as Edutopia and other educational blogs and forums will help me to stay current and up to date on issues in technology. In addition, upon completion of my degree I will stay  current and learn in the field as I teach and learn.  
3. A great part of learning in my academic career has involved introspective reflection and personal evaluations of work that has been completed.  I often evaluate my own thinking as I complete assignments based on several different criteria including the evaluation of personal experiences, academic references and creative input.  Also, I evaluate my own thinking in regards to the assignment being requested and how my rationalizations comply with the content of the course, and how my perspective will further my involvement in the field that I am entering.
4.  While initially I entered this degree with the intention of becoming a Master teacher, my career objectives and goals have shifted to explore the business and analytical side of Instructional technology.  I am curious about all of the different opportunities that will open up for me with a Master of Arts in Instructional Technology.  I am interesting in new and groundbreaking careers that are destined to evolve as a result of growing and expanding technologies.
5.  Before I began the completion of this degree, I was limited to believe that instructional technology only applied to academic world.  Through my readings, practical application reviews and assignments where I have had to apply concepts to real-life (non-teaching) venues, I have learned the many different facets of instructional technology.  Through the skills and knowledge obtained in this course and others I will be equipped to handle training seminars, online course development for academics or training , and other human resource and administrative duties as required of me, in whatever position I may obtain.