Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Week One Journal


Week One Critical Thinking Questionnaire

1.  What assignment was most engaging? Why?

The most engaging assignment that I participated in this week the discussion post regarding virtual learning environments.  The concept of social learning is an incredibly interesting topic and it resonates with all cultures and all ages, across the globe.  Despite cognitive ability or social interaction skills, it is evident that as humans, we interact daily and learn from other peoples interactions.  The concept of social learning, as it applies to a virtual environment is an interesting concept as social media outlets are explored and increasing in popularity.  

2. At what moment in this week were you most distant from the class? Why?
Like clockwork, my momentum starts out strong on day one of the week.  I quickly read through my assignments and review the guidance to get a grasp on concepts, skills and ideas that I should be learning this week.  However, as the week progresses and the fatigue sets in, I start to distance myself from the applications of the course. Mid-week around Thursday and Friday, I detached a little bit until I was rejuvenated from the exhausting work week.

3.  Were you confused about any assignment or learning activity?
This week the instructions for learning for clear and concise.  I was confused on the reference requirement for the assignment but quickly clarified that information.

4.  What surprised you this week?
This week I was surprised by my interest in the historical content of instructional design.  I really enjoyed reading about the historical elements that have compounded our educational environment today.  I look forward to reading more about how our history has affected us today.

5. Evaluate your work this week.  What assignments and/or activities did you excel in? What could you have improved on?

This weeks work, and all of my work in previous courses has always been done late at night, when I have time.  That gives me time to reflect and think carefully about what I am going t include in my writing.  This week, discussion posts were written in between gymnastics lessons.  Next week, I need to improve on my time management skills to utilize my time better.  However, I am confident that I did well in my critical thinking assignments and reflection.